Changes in Beta 2:
- This is a performance-oriented release - it has dramatic performance improvements compared to v1. See the performance page for details.
- Implemented simple type inference (only inside loops).
- Implemented hidden class support.
- Implemented type inference for loop variables.
Known issues in Beta 2:
- Two of the v8 benchmark tests fail to run. This is likely due to bugs in the optimizer.
New in version 2:
- Silverlight support.
- .NET 4 is no longer required (.NET 3.5 is required instead).
- Added function String.prototype.quote (a Mozilla extension).
- The FirebugConsole class has a new extensibility model.
Conformance in version 2:
- A couple of Sputnik failures fixed - goes from 63 to 61.
- Many ES 5 conformance suite failures fixed - goes from 89 to 45.
Breaking changes in version 2:
- FirebugConsole.Output property was modified.
- FirebugConsole.CurrentIndentation property was removed.
- FirebugConsole.IndentationDelta property was removed.
- UserDefinedFunction.Body is now called UserDefinedFunction.BodyText.