This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Jurassic vs IronJs

Sep 12, 2012 at 7:05 PM

How does Jurassic and IronJS compare currently?

Sep 13, 2012 at 12:57 AM

I don't know, to be honest.  I've seen the graphs that say that IronJS is faster, but on the other hand Jurassic has always been much more complete (full ES5 support, etc).  They may gotten better since I last checked.

Anyone else have any insights?

Sep 13, 2012 at 4:29 AM
I've looked at IronJS (a couple of months ago), mainly because I wanted to write my own DLR-language. And if I recall correctly, the project seems to be dead (last commit 8 months ago or something). I've always wanted to check performance of DLR-javascript against Jurassic, cause the DLR is supposed to excel at caching dynamic call-sites, however, I haven't tried so myself.

And, as IronJS was written in F# (which I didn't understand anything of), I gave up on reading the source-code.

On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 1:57 AM, paulbartrum <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I don't know, to be honest. I've seen the graphs that say that IronJS is faster, but on the other hand Jurassic has always been much more complete (full ES5 support, etc). They may gotten better since I last checked.

Anyone else have any insights?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (jurassic@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email jurassic@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

--
/Alxandr