This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Include XML documentation in release

Mar 1, 2011 at 6:25 PM

Could you please include the XML documentation for the library in the .zip download?  I realize I can do this myself (and in fact I probably will), but having the documentation available certainly makes it more likely that people will use your library.  Specifically, I was just caught on the usage of the JSField attribute.  It appeared to not allow writes, but I wasn't sure if I was using it incorrectly until I saw the XML documentation saying it is effectively const-only as of now.

FWIW/BTW, Jurassic seems to fit the bill of what I was looking for, as far as adding just a little end-user scriptability to our application.  I struggled for nearly an entire day trying to configure security in IronPython, and then I looked at Jint for a while, but I was a little uncomfortable with how easily it integrated with CLR classes.  Finally Jurassic was just what I wanted in that I can specifically programmatically create JS objects from C# and expose my domain objects in a read-only view, and I can include only the methods/properties that I want to make available.  So, thanks for that!

Coordinator
Mar 1, 2011 at 8:00 PM

That's a good idea - I will include the XML file starting with the next release.  Until then, you can grab it from a source build.  Thanks for the heads up!

Regarding the extensibility model, it was mainly designed to allow me to expose all the standard library objects (String, RegExp, etc).  I've heard a few requests for an easier way to expose existing .NET classes without requiring any modifications (something that Jint is pretty good at), something that I expect to deliver in the next major release.  But it won't be automatic - I believe the default behavior should be as standards-compliant as possible.